Winter Skin Helpful Tips
Winter stinks! Shoveling stinks, being cooped up inside stinks – it pretty much all stinks! And while we all know the usual annoying parts of these long months, there are also many other issues we don’t normally think about that arise when the temperatures drop.
Skin is the body’s largest organ, with most adults carry about eight pounds and 22 square feet around with them. During the winter, the cold temperatures and dry air beat up our outer layer, causing dry, itchy skin and discomfort. However, there are many things we can be doing to keep ourselves itch free and looking radiant even under our bulky sweaters and scarves.
Like many things, great skin during the colder months starts from the inside out. We all know that drinking water helps keep our bodies functioning, but there are many other items in the kitchens that can help out our epidermis. Foods such as almonds, carrots, green tea, spinach and more all help to moisturize and nourish our skin.
In addition to eating the right foods, it’s important to take the right precautions to avoid becoming scaly and dull. Moisturizing more than usual is always helpful in the winter months but here are a few other ideas to keep your skin health game on point:
- Apply a thick, buttery lotion to hands and feet and put them into a pair of gloves and socks
- Keep lotion and products such as Evian spray at your work desk
- Avoid long baths and hot showers which can dry out your skin
- Hook up a humidifier to hydrate the air in your home
- Don’t forget sunscreen – just because you’re heading into the snow instead of the sand doesn’t mean you don’t need to be protected
- Stay away from wet gloves and socks which can irritate your skin
While winter can be beautiful, it can also take a toll on our bodies. Keeping in mind these helpful tips will keep you looking and feeling the best you can in your own skin.
- Posted by holx-admin
- On March 31, 2015